Use Your Gifts
Serving is a natural part of belonging to a church family. It's an opportunity to use time, effort, and abilities to help others experience the hope of Jesus. And in the process, you'll develop a greater connectedness to the other people in the church.
Why We Serve
We serve because Jesus served us (Mark 10:45). Even though He is God, He gladly chose the role of a servant (Philippians 2:5-7) and came to rescue us from a hopeless future (Jeremiah 29:11). He is the example of a life devoted to serving others (John 13:12-15).
In following Jesus' example, we serve to:
- Meet the needs of our church: We consider it a privilege to work together, share the load, and strive to care for one another using our gifts freely (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).
- Make disciples: We look for opportunities to serve those outside of the church as a means of sharing hope with those who haven't experienced it (Isaiah 58:10).
How We Serve
In the Bible, we are encouraged to serve:
- sacrificially (John 15:13)
- intentionally (Colossians 3:23)
- practically (James 2:14-18)
- impartially (James 2:1-7)
- humbly (Romans 12:3)
- faithfully (1 Peter 4:10)
We believe that serving is better when we do it together. Teams are groups of people with a common passion and common goal. Below is a list of our current teams with a brief description of what they do:
- SETUP / TEARDOWN: This team sets up the YMCA for the church to gather and tears everything down when we're done.
- HOSPITALITY: This team of greeters and ushers makes a great first impression and helps everyone feel welcome.
- KIDS: This team checks-in, cares for and teaches kids about Jesus. A background check is required to serve on this team.
- SAFETY: This team keeps people safe and responds to emergency situations. A background check is required to serve on this team.
- BAND: This team of musicians and vocalists leads people in worship through song. An audition is required to serve on this team.
- PRODUCTION: This team operates audio, video, and lighting systems to create an environment for worship.
- NEXT STEPS: This team follows up with first-time guests and assists people in taking their next step toward Jesus and the church.
- COUNTING: This team counts money and handles financial donations.
If you are ready to jump in, complete a Next Steps Form and check the "Serve on a Team" box.