Worship at Home
A simple plan for worship wherever you are
An On-Demand Experience
We’ve compiled the items below into a liturgy that should last about 1 hour and can be started / stopped as necessary (for the most focused experience, go through the whole thing at one time).
This liturgy references an accompanying YouTube Playlist you can access below.
- Read John 3:16 out loud and slow enough to pay attention to the words.
- Reflect intentionally on God’s love for all people and His desire to save us.
- Watch and listen (and sing if you know it) to the song “God So Loved”
- Pay attention to the bridge “Praise God, Praise God from whom all blessings flow”
- Before continuing, think (or share as a group) of specific things you can thank God for even in the midst of challenges.
- Watch and sing along with the song “Way Maker”
- Remind yourself of God’s presence.
- Remind yourself of God’s power.
- Remind yourself of God’s plan.
- Watch and sing along with the song “Christ Be Magnified”
- Remind yourself of the centrality of Christ in all things.
- Remind yourself of Jesus’ worthiness to be praised above all.
- Spend a few minutes in silent or spoken prayer.
- Pray using the simple A.C.T.S. model
- A = Adoration (list God’s character traits that you know to be true and unchanging)
- C = Confession (list your own specific shortcomings and sin; bring them before God in surrender and need for healing)
- T = Thanksgiving (thank God for specific gifts He’s given to you including the gift of Jesus, His only Son)
- S = Supplication (ask God for specific things such as healing, resources, wisdom, peace, hope, and salvation for people around you)
- Listen to THIS SERMON from Pastor Justin.
- Journal or discuss the following questions:
- How are you tempted to respond more in fear than faith in suffering?
- What is true of God that counteracts that fear?
- How can you trust God today in faith?
- Watch and listen to the song “Lord, I Need You”
- Remind yourself of your need for God.
- Boldly lean on Him without fear.
- Take Communion and/or watch the song “Remembrance”
- Read about communion in 1 Corinthians 11:17-34.
- Examine your heart for division, doubt, fear, and sin. Bring these things to God in confession.
- Take juice and bread / crackers as a reminder of Jesus’ blood and body.
- Consider giving to the mission of One Hope Church.
- Giving is an act of trust in God for provision, a way to thank Him and acknowledge His ownership of all things, and a way to participate in something bigger than we can accomplish alone.