The Ministry Assistant is the critical supporter of the overall ministry of One Hope Church.
He/she manages next steps and communications processes under the vision and leadership of
the Pastors while also remaining flexible and prepared for the ever-changing ministry needs in
The Ministry Assistant manages details and logistics for communications, events, and follow-up.
He/she is the primary point of contact for people seeking information or getting involved in Groups, Teams, special events, and other next steps. In addition, the Ministry Assistant completes administrative tasks necessary for the weekly operation of the church.
The Ministry Assistant serves under the leadership of the Pastors and is considered a core member of the paid Staff team. He/she reports directly to the Teaching & Discipleship Pastor.
The Ministry Assistant has a reception desk space in the Church Office located at 3361 Rouse Road, Ste 215, Orlando, FL 32817. He/she works from the Office at least two half-days per week, with one of those days being Mondays.
In addition, the Ministry Assistant should be comfortable working remotely as necessary and expect to be reachable within agreed-upon hours when away from the office.
- Own the Next Steps process, from form to full connection.
- Initiate conversations over text/email.
- Help people find and join Groups and Teams.
- Help people through the Baptism process.
- Help people through the Partnership process.
- Order supplies for the Office, Groups, and Serving Teams.
- Schedule volunteers for the Welcome Team and any other support teams.
- Reserve rooms/facilities for special events.
- Welcome in-person guests as a receptionist while working from the office.
- Manage the office calendar, including handling of Office Requests.
- Check the mailbox, scan mail, and deposit checks.
- Return phone calls.
- Respond to information and contact emails.
- Schedule and send email newsletters and other campaigns.
- Schedule and send text messages blasts.
- Schedule social media posts for regular posting.
- Be ready to take on new responsibilities within the limits of your weekly hours.