One Hope Church is a Christian, evangelical, inter-denominational and missional church.
- The Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- There is only one God.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 46:9-10; John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; 1 Timothy 2:5
- The Father is God. The Son is God. The Holy Spirit is God. The Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit. The Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.
Genesis 1:26; Psalm 45:6-7; Psalm 110:1; Matthew 3: 13-17; Matthew 28: 17-20; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
- Every person in all humanity (Christ excluded), by birth and action a sinner.
Genesis 6:5; Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:8, 12-21, 7:18; Ephesians 2:1-3
- The deserved penalty for sin is death, both physical and spiritual.
Genesis 2:15-17; Genesis 3:19, Romans 5:12; 6:23, James 1:14-15
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
Matthew 1:20; Luke 2:52; John 1:1-4, 14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3
- Jesus Christ died as the substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
John 1:29; 10:1-18, Romans 5:8, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead.
Matthew 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-53; John 1:20-21:25; 1 Corinthians 15:12-34
- Jesus Christ physically ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Hebrews 9:28; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 1:7
- There will be a future physical resurrection of the dead. Those who trust in Jesus Christ alone will be raised to eternal reward. Those who have not trusted in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal punishment.
Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29; Acts 24-15
- Only by trusting in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone can anyone be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
John 3:18, 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; 1 Timothy 2: 5-6
In order to provide further clarity and definition for what we believe, we have adapted a Confessional Statement, compiled a list of Creeds, and provided a link to the Lausanne Covenant, all with which we agree. You can also read our Bylaws to understand how what we believe has informed our structure and governance.