Meet Dave Scott
From the Search Committee
Over the last seven months, we have prayed, fasted and dedicated ourselves to the search for a candidate who can meet the expectations, needs and goals of One Hope Church and all of its Partners. We took very seriously what you shared with us via the Partners' Survey in the early summer and weighed the pros and cons of each candidate accordingly.
Among our top priorities was the relationship any candidate might have with our existing Pastors and the health and effectiveness of a ministry team he would be a part of with Mike and Justin. We looked for someone who had a positive relationship with the ministries he has served previously and for someone who is passionate about developing and mentoring leaders while possessing the personal humility to be in an ongoing relationship with a mentor of his own.
Dave’s personality, joy and humility, his educational background, years of experience in a variety ministries and his undying commitment to God’s word all contribute to our sense of confidence that Dave is likely God’s man to take One Hope to the next level of influence for the gospel here in Orlando. So after much research and prayer we are pleased to recommend him to you.
- Pastor Search Committee
Brief Bio - DAVE
- “I came to Christ as a child but was first discipled in college. I am just a fellow pilgrim on the path, seeking to know God and be transformed by knowing him.
- Personal Mission
- "My mission is to live a God–filled life and help the church share that vision with a spiritually searching world.”
- Currently living in North Carolina
- Wife, Donna (See bio below)
- Son, Jonathan (Children and Families Pastor at Capstone Church in Anderson, SC where he is working on his M.Div. at Anderson University; engaged to be married in July 2018)
- Son, Nathaniel (Junior Physics major at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC)
- Ministry Experience
- 9 years of pastoral experience as a Lead Pastor, Associate Pastor, and most recently as an Intentional Interim Lead Pastor helping churches in transition seeking missional renaissance
- Former missionary with Cru in Eastern Europe
- Church consultant, speaker and writer with a burden for helping the church equip its people for their mission in daily life in the marketplace
- National speaker and was featured in the winter 2017 issue of Preaching Magazine
- Currently teaching as an adjunct undergraduate and seminary professor in the ministry department of Anderson University in SC
- University of Notre Dame, Ph.D., M.A., History of Evangelicalism. Dave’s historical research on the Christian worldview of the Puritans and Jonathan Edwards was cited by Dr. George Marsden in his biography, Jonathan Edwards: A Life (Yale Press, 2003).
- Gordon-Conwell Seminary, M.Div.
- UNC-Chapel Hill, B.A., Russian and East European Area Studies & Speech Communications
- Preaching God’s Word
- Equipping believers for the marketplace
- Likes (Things He Does for Fun)
- Anything with Donna
- Garage sales
- Books He's Reading
- Saving the Saved: How Jesus Saves Us from Try-Harder Christianity into Performance-Free Love by Bryan Loritts
- Surprise the World: The Five Habits of Highly Missional People by Michael Frost
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Brief Bio - DONNA
- Ministry Experience
- Cru staff a total of 11 years
- Previously was Director of the Women’s Ministry at Granger Community Church, Granger IN.
- The last 10 years has led a community-based ministry taking teens to Christian Camp.
- Florida Southern College, B.S. Early Childhood and Elementary Education,
- Institute of Biblical Studies
- My boys (Dave, Jonathan & Nathaniel)
- Sharing my faith
- Likes (Things She Does for Fun)
- Going to lunch with friends
- Playing games with family and friends
- Books She's Reading
Why THEY Want to Come Here
“The first time I read about One Hope in August, I could tell we were on the same discipleship mission. I am excited by One Hope’s potential to be used by God in your next chapter as a church. As I got to know One Hope’s leadership, I thought, ‘These are the kind of people I want to do life and ministry with.'
Donna and I sense a new chapter in our lives as well. In my current ministry pastoring churches in transition, we have felt God leading us back into a permanent pastorate. We are excited about One Hope as a church home and place to use our gifts long term.”
-Dave & Donna
- Hungry (John 6)
- Bankrupt (Matthew 5:1-3)
- No One's Home (Revelation 3:30)
- The Leavened Life
- The Switch